Week Two Homework | James Mercy Triumphs





Session Two

Beth Moore Quotes:
"James draws straight from the well of Jesus' teachings more than any other NT author."
"The message of James can be captured in two words: Live it!"
"Our faith is never more than our works."
 "Getting back our JOY through OBEDIENCE!"

Reflections:
According to dates: James may have been the first NT book ever written.
James is dead on, straight to the point.   This session is: well she warns at the beginning that she has to weed through a bit of technical stuff before we move on to the good stuff. 
However, please don't skip this weeks homework because of this.  It gets better,  back to the soul restoring words we as ladies long to hear.  I want so badly to skip right to some homework goodies but will push hold or you'll lose me for sure.

Main idea of James: To live it!
James' opening:  Greetings at the conclusion of James 1:1: means Joy to You.  I paraphrased the verse below in remember, as an attempt for easy memorization.

Remember:
James 1:1 James, a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, Joy to You!

Homework:
Discussion Week One:

Level 2: How's your homework going?  Yes, it's completely okay just to stay with the video and group discussion.  Here a few tidbits from my homework.

pg. 21 When the call of Christ sears a hold through your self-protectiveness, you go wherever He leads whether or not you feel like you fit.  The power of the resurrection trumps the power of the past if we're willing to let it.

pg. 23 The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.  So it is with Christ. 1 Cor. 12:12

pg. 24 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

pg. 30  Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original. Galatians 5:25-26

pg. 34 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as we are.” Acts 15:11

pg. 37 Surely, He himself "is our peace." Ephesians 2:14

Level 3: Any of you writing out the book of James, level 3? Beth prompted us in this session to write out the very first verse of James. pg. 214 James 1:1. Personally I'm a visual learner, so when I write something out, it makes it more real and embeds into my brain rather than just reading. No worries if this isn't your thing, carry on at your own personal level. 

Level 4: Any of you reading Melissa's writings?
I am!  If your feeling scholarly you'll love what she has to say.  I find digging deep into the word of God fascinating.  But it's not for everyone, so dig as deep as you are comfortable.

Level 5:  Memorize the book of James!  All I have to say to this:  Really?  I've never been one for memorizing word for word anything, so I don't think I'll be stepping out onto this level.  I'm sure I will know the book well but hardly word for word.  If you are tackling this: Beth wants to know and left her email in this session.

The where's and what's about this study. 
Where:  9am Ladies Sunday School class. If you live locally I would
love to see you there. Miracles of Love Community Church Claremore OK 74017.  I will post an update for blog readers and regular attenders that simply want to keep motivated throughout the week during homework.


What: I have been involved with ladies group
study for over ten years. Love the word of God and pray my enthusiasm for the
scriptures will splash into the lives of others. This blog started in 2009 as an attempt to communicate with my 'small group table' throughout the week and has became so much more. So throughout the week I will post at least once about the homework. You are welcome to leave a comment anytime and link up, share thoughts or ask questions.. I'll do my best to answer. Main thing girls is to have a blast in the Word! Let it speak directly to your heart, as it speaks differently to all of us due to our own personal journey.