Week 2 Homework | Breaking Free


Girls, I heard this song this morning and immediately (with toothbrush in mouth!) ran to my computer to search for a video, then proceeded to plop it smack dab in the middle of this blog! 
(video no longer available)
It is so fitting for this week of study! 
The scriptures shared on the video are great note card verses for us......
Here they are if you wanna jot them down.

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. -James 1:12

We rejoice in the hope of the glory of God, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, character, and hope. -Romans 5:2b-4

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. -Romans 8:17

Day 1

You are my witnesses declares the LORD and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Isaiah 43:10

1. 1 Corinthians 2:9
no eye has seen
no ear has heard
no mind has conceived

2. Isaiah 43:10-13
so we may know God
so we may believe God
so we may understand he is God

3. Before me no God was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Apart from me there is no savior.

4. John 8:36
CHRIST set me free, so YES I am FREE indeed!

5. Personal. 

6.  Your prayer.
You are the Lord my God.
I desire to love You,
listen to your voice, and hold fast to You,
for You, Lord, are my life.
Deut.30:20

{The giant step in the walk of faith is the one we take
when we decide God no longer is a part of our lives... 
He is our life!}
-----------------------------
Day 2

Good morning girls,
I do hope you are having a fabulous start to your day!
Everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory
whom I formed and made.
Isaiah 43:7

1. know God and believe Him
glorify God
find satisfaction in God
experience God's peace
enjoy God's presence

2. anything that hinders a relationship with Him

3. for His glory

4. something that I could not even fathom-some day we'll know completely

5. Earth is full of His glory

6. Fell facedown and the glory of the Lord appeared

7. overtaken by a cloud of God's glory

8. heavens declare the glory of God

9. voice of the Lord strips the forests bare, the temple crys glory

10. the Lord will not give his glory to another.

11. glory of the one and only -Jesus Christ

12. Christ revealed his glory

13. Christ is the radiance of Glory of God

14. his glory and goodness

15. God's glory shines in us, accepting Christ and living a life full of praise to Him.

16. Whatever I do-do it as to show glory for Him.

17. all sinned and fall short of the glory of god

18. Christ in you

19. our faces reflect Gods glory as our lives transform to be Christ like through the Spirit.

20. The next part you mark T,F or P....do this honestly.
I'm going to turn these verses into prayers, jot them on note cards if you like.

Father, I ask you to reveal to me any areas in my life that do not glorify you.  For your word says whatever I do, I should do it for your glory! 1 Cor 10:31

Father, You word reminds me I am not seeking glory for myself.  For if I glorify myself, my glory means nothing.  Father, you are the one who glorifies me. John 8:50,54

Father, I ask you to help me use my gifts to serve others.  Give me words to speak, that you would have me speak. You provide me with strength to serve and to speak, so that in all things You may be praised. 1 Peter 4:10-11

Father, Help me to learn from the trials I face and rejoice that I participate in the sufferings of Christ, that when His glory is revealed, I will be glad with exceeding joy! 1 Peter 4:12-13

Father, Thank you for treasure in jars of clay, to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from me! 2 Cor 4:7

21. glory

22. Personal Response
In everything I do-strive to gain confidence from the Lord to reflect his glory.

Another great day of study girls!  O how I love to study the word!
Hebrews 4:12 says:
For the word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;  it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Now read how the Message bible paraphrases it....
God means what he says.  What he says goes.  His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey.  Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word.  We cant get away from it--no matter what!

I'm praying for everyone of you girls, thank you so much for inviting me on this walk with you!
Till next time, ~Melanie
----------------------------------------------------------
Day 3
Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me and eat what is good and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Isaiah 55:2

1. Truth
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free! John 8:32
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Psalm 51:6

2. Satisfy
{full- no hunger- no craving- completely full}
When I think of satisfication in my life. I remember back to my life before I completely gave my life to Christ. It was a time I would never choose to go back to. I was in a pit, a deep pit, always searching for more of whatever I thought satisfied me at the time. Searching everything and anything to better myself.....
the only problem is I didn't include the Lord in my plans.

3. food and drink

4. Don't work hard for things that won't completely satisfy you. 
Eternal satisfaction is what we're after.

5. Spiritual

6. Yes

7. when he brings them back from captivity

8. emptiness, pain, can't function, weak

9. same as above

10. Psalm 63:1-8
I wanna share how the Message bible paraphrases this...
God- you're my God!
I can't get enought of you!
I've worked up such a hunger and thirst for God,
traveling across dry and weary deserts.
So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
My arms wave like banners of praise to you.
I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy'
I smack my lips.
It's time to shout praises!
If I'm sleepless at midnight,
I spend the hours in grateful reflection.
Because you've always stood up for me,
I'm free to run and play.
I hold on to you for dear life,
and you hold me steady as a post.
               
11. a satisfied soul and a quenched mouth

12. like water to a thirsty soul

13. Personal
A pit of despair, depression, anxiety, loneliness, denial.............
These are all huge red flags that calls for a Code Blue alarm and some major Spiritual CPR!

14. Personal
Yes, for me I tend to get very irritable and cranky.  I had to learn how to shift gears mentally to meet the demands of my daily routine.

15.  Praise- Worship- Presence
Just as each day brims with your beauty, my mouth brims with praise.
 Psalm 71:8 msg
Let your promises ring from my tongue.
Psalm 119:172 msg
The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
Isaiah 50:4

16. Emptiness
The emptiness is created to be filled with the spirit.  Which leads us and guides us in all we do-
Fill it with the LORD or your emptiness will become a stronghold in your life.

17. Scriptures
Inner most being, O my soul is satisfied.
Help, God- the bottom has fallen out of my life!  Hear my cry for help! I pray to God-my life a prayer and wait for what he'll say and do.
Ps 130:1-2,5 msg
He will meet all our needs.
You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.
Phil 4:19 msg
Invite the Lord in and he'll fill your soul.
Look at me. I stand at the door. I knock. If you hear me call and open the door, I'll come right in and sit down to supper with you.
Revelation 3:20 msg

What another fulfilling time spent in Gods word!
I must have my guard up and ready by self-discipline in order to have an adequate fulfilling prayer and study time!
Heavenly Father,
Your word tells me to be on my guard,
to stand firm in the faith,
to be a person of courage,
and to be strong!
Amen? Amen!
1 Cor. 16:13
---------------------------
Day 4
 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. 
The Lord be with all of you. 2 Thess 3:16

1.  at all times and in every way

2. in order straight down the scriptures
Christ is the Prince of Peace
Perfect Peace of mind
Fruit of righteous will be peace
His punishment brought us peace
Covenant of Peace
Upright enter into peace
Governor of Peace

3.Yes, they all lead to Christ as our means of peace.

4. Personal
The moment I completely surrendered to His timing, His way, seeking His strength. My life became filled with peace.  Prayerfully seeking His will- His guidance in all my situations and including Him in every decision.

5. He grieved for them
because they didn't cling on to the peace that the Lord was trying to give them.  Instead they chose to live in a chaotic environment.  He said, God's gift of peace was hidden from their eyes!

6. Holy One
Redeemer
Lord
God

7. Our righteousness would be like the waves of the sea.
We would have peace like a river.

8.Personal
For me, I let anxiety and stress rule me, control me, attack me on a daily basis.  Which ultimately was the result of a pit of depression and self-pity.   Then I learned that isn't the way the Lord intended me to live!  He wants us to live a life filled with all the fruits of the spirit, especially peace.  Peace brings joy, without it leads to despair.  I wanna stay out of that pit!

9. Personal
Daily refilling of strength.  To take the time to fill up in the morning and to give praise in the evening.  I make time to sit quietly in prayer as I sip my first cup of coffee.  My husband has usually just left out the door for work so I start with him, praying over his day.  Then my day and for Him to speak to me as I begin my time in His word.  Finally, I get breakfast on the table and hear the scamper of little feet.  I pray over my kids and for our day before they even sit down at the table.

10.Ongoing
This is a process and a goal that will only be in full completion when we reach the heavens.
Takes a life of surrender, prayer and obedience daily, daily renewing our minds. DAILY.
We need a constant rebuilding of inner strength.

Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other.  None of this going off and doing your own thing.  And cultivate thankfulness. 
Let the Word of Christ- the Message- have run of the house.  Give it plenty of room in your lives.
Instruct and direct one another using good common sense.  And sing, sing your hearts out to God!
Let every detail in your lives-words, actions, whatever-be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way!!
Colossians 3:15 msg
---------------------------------------------------
Day 5

My heart is filled with joy this morning as I type.  I love spending time in Gods word and absorbing His presence.  There is not a word I could use to describe it.  It is my prayer that everyone could experience unspeakable joy in the Lords presence.  This day of homework is absolutely powerful!  Soak it in girls!
I prayed this prayer over myself this morning.  Then quickly jotted it down in my prayer journal. I did this before even attempting to do my homework.

Lord God, help me to know this love {His presence} that surpasses knowledge-
that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness {His presence} of God. Ephesians 3:19

1. Safe

2. God is with us

3. I will be with you

4.  they will not sweep over you

5. you will not be burned

6. not -IF- we face trials but -WHEN- we do

7. Personal
I remember the FIRST time I could feel His very presence, at a very young age.
I remember where I was, what I was doing like it was yesterday!
I just found out my parents were divorcing and the life as I knew it was about to change, drastically.
This is what he said to me and made it loud and clear...
I am with you, I will not abandon you- EVER.

8. Personal
Early in my walk when I rededicated my life to the Lord.  It did take some time, I had 'stuff' to deal with.  Sometimes, in order to be renewed and cleansed we must be sifted!

9. Psalm 139:7-12 niv and Hebrews 13:5-6 msg
These are some powerful verses....
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If i rise on wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the eas,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
Don't be obsessed with getting more material things.
Be relaxed with what you have.
Since God assured us,
I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you,
we can boldly quote,
God is there, ready to help;
I'm fearless no matter what.
Who or what can get to me?

10. Stop doubting and believe!

11. after
Peter paniced when he seen the wind {the storm-our trials} and cried out Lord save me!
When the Lord was right there to protect him even through the storm.  We don't have to wait until we sink before we KNOW the Lord will save us!

12. Complete joy in the Lords presence
Not only in daily prayer time, you can experience the Lords presence all day long.
That unspeakable joy can be with us at all times in everything we do!

13.  Prayer
Two scriptures come to mind about stengthening my faith.
2 Cor 5:7 and 2 Cor 10:15
Lord, help me to understand that I've been called by You to walk by faith and not by sight. Strengthen my vision Lord!  Help my faith to grow Lord!

14. Definition of Captivity

15. Write all the benefits then number the examples.
4,3,1,2,5

Closing Prayer and Response....
Father,
Thank you for giving me your Word,
for your enduring promise,
you are always with me.
You are at all times,
always,
greater than the one that is in the world.
Always.
Amen!

Girls congratulations on another week of study!
Enjoy the Lord's presence, seek him all day, every day!
See you tomorrow!!
~Melanie