Week 5 Homework | Breaking Free


Welcome to week five girls!
{Week 5}

Can you believe it, we are mid way!
--------------------------------
Day 1
Straight to the heart ....
How fitting this is the title to our first day of homework. 
Following such an emotional day of study yesterday!  I
 was so touched and torn...I literally fought tears all the way home. 
I'm not even sure the lump in my throat has even passed. 
Surely this week and after day five of homework all will be good! :)

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted! Isaiah 61:1 NIV
The HCSB says to heal the brokenhearted!

1. Hagar fled - An angel told her to go back
Joseph and Potiphar, her accusations landed him in prison- He became in charge of the prison
Naomi lost her husband and two sons- Ruth stays with her
Davids son that was bore out of an affair died- Solomon was born

2. Ps 127:3-4  NIV
heritage, reward, arrows in the hands of a warrior, blessed are you to have many

I love how the Message bible paraphrases:
If God doesn't build the house, the builders only build shacks.
If God doesn't guard the city,
the night watchman might as well nap.
It's useless to rise early and go to bed late,
and work your worried fingers to the bone.
Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?
Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
The fruit of the womb is a generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.

3. only son

4. personal yes or no
for me yes!

5. when he found the note

6. personal

7. bind up

8. Respond in prayer
My prayer:
taken from Deut 33:29
Who is like Your children, O God, a people saved by the Lord:
You are my shield and helper and my glorious sword.
Cause my enemy to cower, Lord!
Trample down his high places!
--------------------------------------------

Day 2

"Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"

1. welcomes a little child, welcome me
he will be the judge to any who harm children
angels are watching over all the children in the world

2. raising a child in an atmosphere of sin, abuse, neglect.

3. Matthew 18:6-7
 "But if you give them a hard time, bullying or taking advantage of their simple trust, you'll soon wish you hadn't.  You'd be better off dropped in the middle of the lake with a millstone around your neck.  Doom to the world for giving these God-believing children a hard time!  Hard times are inevitable, but you don't have to make it worse- and it's doomsday to you if you do"

4. Maiming the body will help us cease from sin.

5. an agrument over who was the best

6. Jesus paid attention to the children
probably played games with them, didn't hurry away from them.
causing the disciples to have to wait.

7. love them - love me

8. angels watch over them

9 & 10. personal

11. Jesus loves the little children and will avenge the avenger.

12. Zechariah 2:8
For whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye!

13. God-Satan
personal
Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of theose who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." NIV

"Meanwhile,  the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along.  If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter.  He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.  He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our conditions, and keeps us present before God.  That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good." MSG

14. Surrender?
personal

15. Respond
----------------------------------------
Day 3
"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but wore to the man through whom they come." Matthew 18:7

1. four truths

2. Matthew 18:6

3. prayer
O Lord,
You seen my sadness,
you took my side;
you lifted me up and
gave my feet a firm place to stand,
with my head held high.
You redeemed my life.
You have seen the wrong done to me.
You fought for me then and continue to today!
Everyday, I live to glorify you more.
I'm so in love with you.
Amen.

4. must come

5. Satan continues to attack, seek and destroy

6. rulers
authorities, powers of this dark world, spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

7. do his will

8. Yes

9. The Lord has
taken me captive, completely swept me off my feet in love with him.

10. what Satan wants a victim to believe
make a life of abuse
learn to accept that is the way it is or a person is

11. Satan

12. The accuser
wants us to be miserable all our lives even into adulthood, especially then, as to destroy lives and keep far from the knowledge of truth.  Which is the Word of God.

13. fill in the blanks with your name.
--------------------------------------------
Day 4
If an enemy were insulting me,
I could endure it,
if a foe were raising himself against me,
I could hide from him. 
Psalm 55:12

1. Ps 119:92
If your Word had not been my delight,
I would have perished in my affliction.

2. fearing a broken heart

3. loss relationship, broken hearted

4. the betrayal of a close friend

5. a man like he
a close companion and friend
walked together in the house of God

6. My companion attacks his friend
he violates covenant

7. yes

8. describe
Weak, Unbelief, Bitterness

9. personal

10. By Jesus Christ
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrew 4:16 NIV

11. betray me...fall away

12. so the prophecy would be fulfilled
no other reason, other than just maybe Jesus knew Judas' heart and selfish intentions.

13. personal

14. Knowing my Thoughts

15. fear

16. Philippians 2:5
Your attitude should be that same as that of Christ Jesus.

17. He believed and trusted God.

18. Philippians 3:10-11 & Colossians 1:24-25
The Message Bible....
I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally,
experience his resurrection power,
be a partner in his suffering,
and go all the way with him to death itself.
If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.
I want you to know how glad I am that it's me sitting here in this jail and not you.  there's a lot of suffering to be entered into in this world-
the kind of suffering Christ takes on.
I welcome the chance to take my share in the church's part of that suffering.
When I became a servant in this church,
I experienced this suffering as a sheer gift,
God's way of helping me serve you,
laying out the whole truth.

19. Respond
My prayer for todays lesson...
O, Lord..
Just as I have recieved Christ Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
I continue to live for him.
Rooted and built up by him,
strengthened in faith
over overflowing with
Joy and Thankfulness!
Amen
--------------------------------
Day 5

John 11:25
Jesus said to her,
I am the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in me will live,
even though he dies. NIV
You don't have to wait for the End.
I am, right now,
Resurrection and Life.
The one who believes in me,
even though he or she dies,
will live.
And everyone who lives believing in me does not ultimately die at all.
Do you Believe this? MSG

1. personal

2. personal

3. brother, sister, teacher,
he loved them
Jesus wept.

4. so God will be glorified

5. going to wake him up

6. so that they would believe

7. did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God.

8. Jews put their faith in Jesus after they saw this.

9. Loss of hope,
depression, despair,
becomes the enemy's playground

10. personal
for me absolutely

11. Resurrection and Life

12. Respond to this lesson.
My prayer in closing....
from...Ps 31:14-17
I trust in YOU,
O LORD,
I say,
YOU are my GOD.
My times are in YOUR hands,
deliver me from the enemy and those who pursue me.
Let YOUR face shine on YOUR servant,
save me in YOUR unfailing love.
Let me not be put to shame,
O LORD,
for I have cried out to YOU.
Amen!
---------------------------------------
Girls, another awesome week in the Word!
I just adore Him, His Truth, His Word...
Stand firm girls with your heads held high,
for HE is
Resurrection and Life!
See you tomorrow!
~Melanie