Week 4 Homework | Breaking Free


Welcome to week four girls. 
We are going to begin digging up some of the positive and negatives from our family history. 
Things that have been passed down to us. 
Ready to face them and cling to only the positive?
Day 1
Todays lesson is a bit lengthy and requires some digging and searching your family's background.
Don't stress or overwhelm yourself....
If you find yourself uncomfortable; try to fill in the positive.

1. Part of my family since I can remember
Almost immune to the behavior.

2.  Generational bondage examples

3. right -to learn from and to accept my past to have closure.  wrong -revenge, bitterness

4. son of Abraham- as I am

5. I have a delightful inheritance

6. Write the five benefits we have learned so far.

 7. Here we are at the positive and negative list.  Do the best you can.

 8. Personal insights you compile from your familys background.

My prayer for today: 
Help my soul to find rest in You alone;
my hope come from You.
You alone are my rock and my salvation;
You are my fortress,
I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on You;
You, God, are my mighty rock, my refuge.
Help me to trust in You at all times.
Remind me to pour out my heart to You,
for You,
God,
are my refuge.
Psalm 62:5-8

Day 2

1. negative postitive dishonor accept

2. land of slavery...

3. "I don't have to follow the cycle of bondage, I have inherited."  Ex 20:4-6 MSG
No carved gods of any size, shape or form of anything whatever, whether of things that fly or walk or swim.  Don't bow down to them and don't serve them because I am God, you God and I'm a most jealous God, punishing the children for any sins their parents pass on to them to the third, and yes, even to the fourth generation of those who hate me.  But I'm unswervingly loyal to the thousands who love me and keep my commandments.

4.  God is jealous for us- wanting us to have whats right and best.

5.  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,  or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Ex 20:4 KJV

6. Bondage  not only affects and punishes my children but I will be held accountable for my actions and my own choices in how I deal with my generational bondage.

7. I believe I as a parent should do all I can to remove generational bondage and teach them to walk with freedom in Christ.  After all it is not their fault they were born into disfunction.  They are merely the victim.  I believe the biggest mistake I could make is keep thinking of myself as the victim....I chose how to deal with my familys disfunction in my own way and learned from it....Things change when I started thinking I am not the victim anymore, My children are and with that I must do all I can to guide them as a means to direct them away from their grandparents and parents bondage!  Everyone of us has 'stuff' - Every family has 'stuff' - Our 'stuff' cannot be avoided.  However, I can choose to break free from generational bondage once and for all, for my childrens sake!

8. Respond
My prayer for today:
Lord- Your plans stand firm forever,
Your purposes throughout all generations.
For I am chosen!
Thank you for setting my feet on a rock,
and giving me a secure place to stand, forever!
Amen!

Day 3
2 Corinthians 2:11 In order that Satan might not outwit us.  For we are not unaware of his schemes! NIV   Now the paraphrased version....vs. 9-11
The focus of my letter wasn't on punishing the offender but on getting you to take responsibility for the health of the church.  So if you forgive him, I forgive him.  Don't think I'm carrying around a list of personal grudges.  The fact is that I'm joining in with your forgiveness, as Christ is with us, guiding us.  After all, we don't want to unwittingly give Satan an opening for yet more mischief--we're not oblivious to his sly ways! MSG

1. dragon

2. the Leader

3. he waits for the opportunities when we are vulnerable

4. seeking reassurance from others   I have struggled with and still have to fight the enemy when he attempts to prey on:  the dissatisfied attitude... thinking I have to always better myself to be what I think I want to be.

5. cunning

6. personal

7. break the cycle....  YES it can be broken!

8. forgive ... so that Satan might not outwit us.

9. personal

10. a roaring lion

11. respond to todays lesson

My prayer for today..  Taken from Ephesians 6:14-18

Lord, Help me to stand firm with the belt of truth buckled around my waist,
with the breastplate of righteousness, with my feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

Lord, Help me to take up the shield of faith,  with which I can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Lord,  Help me to take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God.

Lord,  Help me to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
Lord,  and above all,  help me to be alert and always keep on praying!
Amen

Day 4

Yet you ask,  Why does the son not share the guilt of his father? Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees,  he will surely live!  Ezekiel 18:19

1. Repent and Live!

2. Righteous - Unrighteous Ezekiel 18
vs. 9 a righteous man will surely live.
vs. 13 an unrighteous man will not live- his blood be on his own head
vs. 17 a son will not die for his fathers sin, but his father will.
vs. 27 turn from sin and change life, then you will live.

3. vs. 29
you say my ways are unjust is it not your ways that are unjust.

4. forgiveness-
he will not punish the next generation for what their parents did

5. repent and live
Philippians 3:13
"forgetting what is behind"

6. Ezekiel 18:14,31
changing myself and learning from generational bondage

7. changing
to be different in order to break away from any bondage that was passed down to me is bettering myself and any parent or grandparent should realize that and be proud.

8. curse, bless

9. to trust the Lord
to be less in control
(give up the driver seat completely)
to put immediate family first before my desires
to not worry about my future or childrens future, but to trust the Lord
In all things we can be overcomers but, indeed, only through Him who loves us.
Romans 8:37

10. it's no use

11. personal

12. Yes
Rebuilding my life in complete surrender with direction from the Lord alone.
Trusting Him for and in everything!
Trust Truly Changes Everything

13. Isaiah 61:4
"They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated,
they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations."

14. he wants us to have a relationship with him!

15. Respond to todays lesson
My prayer for today:
Lord,
Your Word says,
I am called to be free.
Guide me to use my freedom you have given me-
to serve others like a torch to be passed on!
Amen!
-------------------------------------

Day 5
Good morning girls!
Well, as you see I skipped posting day five yesterday!
I have no excuse.  It was one of those... I'll do it later moments, that turned into a ...
I'll do it in the morning moments! So if you were checking yesterday...I hope you are able to take a quick check this morning before we meet at the church!
This week of homework seems to go fitting with the fact that it is Valentine's week!
If you are anything like me, your family goes nuts when it comes to any excuse to get a dose of chocolate!  My kids are not supplied with candy on a regular basis so when they can indulge themselves it is a real treat!
Which puts into perspective the fact that the Lord supplies all the 'sweet treats' we need.  But when He wants to pass them out.  The Lord's timing is perfect.  So like a child who desires 'treats' all the time, if I have control and accept moderation then the blessings the Lord gives me will be even more satisfying! As well as the fact that based on His love for me, He will not give me something that He knows I am not ready for. :)

"I have revealed and saved and proclaimed-
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,
declares the Lord,
that I am God.
Yes, and from ancient days I am he"
Isaiah 43:12-13 NIV

"You are my witnesses the Lord's declaration-
and My servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He.
No god was formed before Me,
and there will be none after Me.
I, I am the LORD,
and there is no other Savior but Me.
I alone declared, saved, and proclaimed-
and not some foreign god among you.
So you are My witnesses-
the LORD's declaration-
and I am God.
Also, from today on I am He (alone),
and no one can take (anything) from My hand.
I act, and who can reverse it?"
Isaiah 43:10-13 HCSB

1. To destroy me-
To put the chains back on me. To prey on my weaknesses.

2. Ancient of days
"Thrones were set in place and The Old One sat down.
his robes were white as snow,
his hair was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
its wheels blazing.
A river of fire poured out of the throne.
Thousands upon thousands served him,
tens of thousands attended him.
The courtroom was called to order,
and the books were opened."
Daniel 7:9-10 MSG

3. Ancient of Days
All the Lord stands for
The creator of all things
The one and only
The one before all

4. Psalm 78 HCSB
My people, hear my instruction;
listen to what I say.
I will declare wise sayings;
I will speak mysteries from the past-
things we have heard and known and that our fathers have passed down to us.
We must not hide them from our children,
but must tell a future generation the praises of the LORD,
His might, and the wonderful works he has performed.
He established a testimony in Jacob and set up a law in Israel,
which He commanded our fathers to teach to their children-
so that a future generation-
children yet to be born- might know.
They were to rise and tell their children
so that they might put their confidence in God and not forget God's works,
but keep His commandments.
Then they would not be like their fathers,
a stubborn and rebellious generation,
a gerneration whose heart was not loyal
and whose spirit was not faithful to God.

5. To walk with the Lord
and have unwavering thoughts, sound minds, and the knowledge of what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ at a very young age!
To hate evil and be aware of consequences of sin.
To remain pure, to take care of their bodies as they are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
To be compassionate to theirselves and their children, just as the Lord shows compassion for them.

6. being transparent
true-honest-open communication-admit failures-be strong to change any generational bondage

7. Showing love
to a thousand generations of those who love the Lord and keep His commands

8. 3rd and 4th

9. thousands

10. thousands

11. the world

12. those who love him
those in the world
those who obey him

13. To obey the Lord ... Is to LOVE the LORD!

14. Broken or Missing link

15. respond
Lord- I am filled with gratitude!  Thank you for choosing me.  I am humbled by how you care for me.
How you work through me.  How you love me unconditionally.  Thank you for repairing me in order to rebuild any broken or missing links as a result of generational bondage.  How I adore You! Amen!
Today's video is all about COURAGE!

I can't wait--
See you girls in a few hours!
~Melanie