The Inheritance Session Four | Beth Moore



The Inheritance by Beth Moore ~ Session Four ~ Blog Study
Reflection:
1. Every generation is called to inherit their promised land, God is consistent.
As He is with Moses, He will be with Joshua, and He will be with you and me.
In Joshua 1:2-5, what did He promise Joshua that He has promised Moses?
2. God gives Joshua some direct instruction to ensure his success; in Joshua 1:6-9
what is commanded by God for Joshua to do so that no one will be able to stand up
against him?
3. Do you struggle with overwhelming fear at times? What do you find yourself doing with those fears?
How does God want us to handle our fears?

Homework:
This week memorize Joshua 1:8  "Do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth;
meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.
Then you will be prosperous and successful."
{During your quite time this week meditate and journal on Psalm 16.}
Read it here in the NLT, but please use your own favorite version.
Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge.
I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
Every good thing I have comes from you.”
The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!
Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood or even speak the names of their gods.
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.
For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever!!

Scriptures to remember:
1 Chronicles 28:20 Be strong and courageous, and do the work.  Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you.  He will not fail you or forsake you.

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm for God can be trusted to keep his promises!

Isaiah 33:6 The Lord is my sure foundation, providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom and knowledge. The fear of the Lord will be your treasure.

Genesis 15:6 Believe the Lord, and it will be counted to me as righteous because of my faith.

1 Corinthians 2:9 No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.

Update: These links are no longer available, sorry!
Free online listening: