My 2010 Resolutions | Part 3

Today I am embracing the fact that it is pouring down from the heavens.  
I love to hear the rain during my quiet time.  
Times like these I do my best study!  
Maybe why so many well know authors live in WA state.  
There's just something about God pouring down on you most of the year!

I apologize to my readers for having such a gap between posts.  
I won't give you a bunch of excuses..just know that I have been seeking his strength as I prepare for an upcoming study at my church.  
I will be posting it as a homework study soon.  
I will be striving to close up this new year study in the next couple of days.  
Thank you for all the messages and emails, remember you can post a comment here on the blog as well as become a follower....(Mama!) 

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always! Psalm 105:4

Training: We are in strict training!

1. I will train well for the life I have been given, in order to live out my purpose which God has predestined for me!

Isaiah 49:5 says: The Lord formed me from the womb to be his servant, and shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength! KJV

1 Corinthians 9:25

You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race.  Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win! All good athletes train hard.  They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades.  You're after one that's gold eternally! MSG

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever! NIV More on this in Part 5 Search for Treasure.

2. Why? Must I gain strength...my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit!

I'm not referring to the body building strength here.....Simply walking, running or even jumping on a rebounder!  There is nothing like a brisk power walk in the park with the IPod listening to good worship music or your favorite speaker! In my opinion there's nothing like a good power boost!

According to Vine's Biblical Dictionary Strength can be translated as power.......As we gain strength we enable God's power to work in us!!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body!

You and I have a hidden strength that is ready and available to anyone who gives theirselves to the Lord...it is the Holy Spirit.  All you have to do is ask Jesus into your heart and the Holy Spirit is sent to leave within you.  This is ultimately how he speaks to us.  Working together with the Word and Prayer. We will grow more as we utilize the spirit that God has given us.

3. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. In all things acknowledge him. He will give you the desires of your heart. More on desires of the heart in Part 7, I'm gonna shine!

I love you, O Lord, my strength. Ps 18:1

Matthew 22:37

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Mark 12:30

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Luke 10:27

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your sould and with all your strength and with all your mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

4. Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord!

Ps 31:24 & Ps 28:14 & Ps 29:11

Wait for the Lord;

be strong and take heart

the Lord gives strength to his people and blesses them with peace;

be strong and take heart all who hope in the Lord.

Ps 138:2-3

The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength.

And here's why;  God, high above, sees far below;

no matter the distance, he knows everything about us. MSG

I will praise his name for his lovingkindness and for his truth;

for he has magnified his word.  KJV

The Lord is my strength and my shield;

my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.

My heart leaps for joy. Psalm 28:7

How can I be strong when I face trials?

God's power (strength) is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9

His strength is made perfect in weakness. For when I am weak I am strong!

5. Renewed Strength

Isaiah 40:31

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;  they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. KJV

Now, check out how Eugene Peterson paraphrases verses 27-31.......

Why would you ever complain? or whine? saying...God has lost track of me; He doesn't care what happens to me?  Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts!

He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.  And he knows everything inside and out.  He energizes those who get tired, give fresh strength to dropouts.  For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall.  But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.  They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind! MSG

If that didn't get your attention and put a little 'wow' behind ya..well, then read it again until it sinks in. :)

6. Live in Victory

Remember that each race requires training.  Remember you and I are in strict training daily.  Constant renewing of our minds, training our thoughts, walking to boost energy, casting down every negative thought that enters our minds.  Never to give up we are after the eternal reward.  The crown that awaits us, after all we are a Princess - Daughters of the King!  We will go into this more in Part 5, Search for Treasure.