Praise the Lord it is Christmas Eve!
My very very very most favorite time of the year!
A time for celebrating the birth of Christ and listening to the Pastor tell the Greatest Story Ever Told.
Which is never old or boring.
The Greatest Story Ever Told is in fact, The Greatest Story Ever Told!
It is indeed fact and I discover scripture anew in the Word of God every year I read the story to my children, as I listen to them sing Happy Birthday Jesus!
This is one birthday celebration I don't want to ever miss out on.
Thank you Jesus for inviting me every year!
And that my dear readers, is a gift worth receiving every year!
This year we celebrated 25 days till Christmas memorizing scripture.
I thought I would share those scriptures with you.
The condensed version is for the younger ones.
1. For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
A child is born.
2. Surely this is our God; we trusted in him and he saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in him, let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.
This is our God.
3. Bethlehem, though you are small, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel.
Jesus will be born in Bethlehem.
4. Do not be afraid Mary, you have found favor with God.
Mary, Do not be afraid.
5. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.
Mary will have a baby and name him Jesus.
6. He will be great and be called the son of the Most High God.
Jesus will be the Son of God.
7. For nothing is impossible with God.
Nothing is impossible with God.
8. Mary answered, I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said. Then the angel left her.
Mary told the angel, I am the Lord's servant.
9. Mary will give birth to a son and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.
Jesus will save his people from their sins.
9. The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him "Immanuel", which means "God with us".
The baby will be called Immanuel, which means God with us.
10. There was a census in the city that required Joseph to return to his home town, Bethlehem. He took Mary and they left.
Joseph and Mary went to Bethlehem.
11. Mary had the baby in Bethlehem and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and placed him in a manger.
Jesus was born, wrapped in swaddling cloths and laid in a manger.
12. There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
Shepherds looked after their sheep at night.
13. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, Do not be afraid I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
Luke 2: 9-10
An angel told the shepherds, I bring you good news.
14. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
Today a Savior is born.
15. This will be a sign to you, You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.
You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.
16. The angels sang, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.
The angels sang, Glory to God!
17. The shepherds hurried off and found Mary and Joseph and the baby, who was lying in the manger.
The shepherds found the baby lying in a manger.
18. When the shepherds seen him they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
The shepherds spread the word about baby Jesus.
19. Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
Mary's heart was filled with joy.
20. The wise men had been traveling from the east following a star they believed would lead them to the one who will be born King of the Jews.
Three wise men followed a star looking for a King.
21. When King Herod heard about the wise men, he met with them and told them to report back to him when they find the baby born King of the Jews.
The King told the wise men to tell him when they find baby Jesus.
22. The wise men left the King and followed the star to where the child was. When they saw the star over where the child was they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.
The wise men followed the star to where Jesus was and bowed down before him.
23. The wise men opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh. They returned back east without reporting back to the King.
The wise men gave baby Jesus three gifts, gold, incense and myrrh.
24. When the King realized that the wise men found the baby born King of the Jews but failed to return and tell him, he gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem who were two years and under.
The King became angry with the wise men and ordered all baby boys to be killed.
25. An angel appeared to Joseph and said "Get up, take the baby and his mother to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for the King is going to search for the child to kill him." Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus stayed in Egypt until the death of King Herod.
Matthew 2: 13-15
An angel woke up Joseph and told him to take Mary and baby Jesus to Egypt to escape the mean King.
I wish everyone of you a very Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!See you after the New Year.
End notes: All scriptures taken from the NIV Adventure Bible for kids.