In the Kitchen | Homemade Lasagna
This recipe serves 8 - 10.
1 lb. - Lean Hamburger Meat
1 lb. - Italian Sausage
2- 28 oz cans - Crushed Tomatoes
2- Diced Sweet Onions
1 t - Salt
1 t - Black Pepper
1 t - Garlic Powder
Brown hamburger meat and sausage. Add diced sweet onions, crushed tomatoes, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Cook thoroughly. Simmer until ready to layer lasagna.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Ricotta Cheese Mixture:
1 - 32 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
4 c - Mozzarella Cheese - total 8 c ( 4 - ricotta mixture and *4 - topping)
1 c - Shaved Parmesan
2 T - Parsley
1 T - Basil
1 T - Oregano
2 - Eggs
Hand stir ingredients in large mixing bowl. Set aside until ready to layer lasagna.
2 pkgs - No Boil Noodles (approx. 24)
Soften noodles for about 20 seconds in warm water before layering lasagna.
1. Spray pan with cooking spray. I used a 13 x 21 pan to serve my family of 7.
2. Lay one noodle at a time until bottom of pan has one continuous layer of noodles.
3. *Spoon meat mixture on noodles. Gently spread.
4. Lay one noodle at a time until you cover meat mixture.
5. Spoon ricotta mixture on noodles. Gently spread.
6. Lay one noodle at a time until you cover ricotta mixture.
7. Repeat from * until your pan is full.
8. Spoon any remaining meat mixture and ricotta mixture on top.
9. Cover entire top of lasagna with *4 cups mozzarella cheese
at 375 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes uncovered on middle shelf.
Lasagna is done when noodles are soft and cheese is melted to golden brown.
Let set for about 15 minutes before serving.
(Otherwise it will fall apart.)
Add a side salad, garlic bread and ENJOY!
I have more recipes to share, but for now click on links below for a Sunshine Strawberry Cake recipe I posted awhile ago. Also some photos of homemade enchiladas and pizza.