Week Six Homework | James Mercy Triumphs



Session Six

Beth Moore Quotes:

The enduring message of James is that authentic faith cannot help but act; therefore, Abraham believed God and it was demonstrated in his obedience.
Face to Face or Presence to Presence, intimacy with Christ only comes intentionally.
Be deliberate in what you resist and what you draw near. But he gives greater grace.. submerge yourself in those five words like a pitcher tipped and sinking to the bottom of the spring surrendering to the weight of the water.  Faithfulness means all the things we think it does: loyalty, trustworthiness, attentiveness. faithful also means faith to the full.

Reflections:
Jesus is still flagrantly changing lives....

All I can say in response to this lesson is WOW.  What hard truth.  Really made me prayerfully consider missed opportunities in my life.  Opportunities I mean, that would really, truly, affect others.  I'm not talking drama, I'm saying, Really give of myself into the lives of others.  And not lives of others I have to go hunt for:  the lives of others I frequently pass with just a hello.  I have realized: Yes! I do need to do more.  What about you?

As a believer: I must realize there really are real people doing the real thing all over the world.... do I do - what i can - to do my part?  This is know: I need to do even better.
 
[cynic: a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.]

1] always a sign of unbelief 2] form of brokenness
Do we think the scripture means nothing when it says......
Pride goes before destruction.

prov 16:18 18

Beware of destroying one another. gal 5:15

So pay attention to how you hear. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given. But for those who are not listening, even what they think they understand will be taken away from them. Luke 8:17

For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child. Heb 12:6-8

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Rom 3:23

Often our motives are neither completely pure nor impure. They're such a concoction of the two that we don't know where one leaves off and the other begins. God does, and I'm so glad He does. Nothing has the capacity to keep us out of trouble like the certainty of God's gaze piercing through all our pretense in the heart of our desires. Only He can sort out the blur of our motives. Let's have the guts to ask Him what's in our hearts and, when He reveals it, die to the self gratification and live for the greater glory That's when the attic door to the throne room of God will fall open and answered prayers will tumble out like boxed up treasures. page 133

WHAT IF? pg 153


-we understood down to the morrow of our bones that His is the only plan that really does end up prospering us?

-we really believed Jesus when He said that those who insist on finding their own lives will lose them and those who lose them for His sake will find them?

-we really believed that, if we seek God's kingdom and His righteousness, everything else of true value would be given to us, too?


-we really believed that He did not even spare His own son but offered him up for us all, how will he not also with him grant us everything.?

-we really believed that godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come?

{WE REALLY BELIEVED THAT GOD IS NOT ONLY GREAT, HE IS GOOD?}
Remember

Watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:15
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Prov 16:18
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Rom 3:23

Homework: Week Five

According to James 4:3, what is another reason we might harbor an unmet desire?
wrong motives. spending selfishly on myself.
page 133

James 2:23 friend of god ._______________. James 4:4 friend of the world page 134

What is the distinguishing mark of friendship between Christ and His disciples according to John 15:15?
I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father. You did not choose me but I chose you.

Christlike love = friendship. vs. 12 No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends. This is why Christ says ::We are his friends....I am his friend....You are his friend:: The unspeakably high
privilege of friendship with God makes a person humble and friendship with the world makes a person proud. The former He graces. The latter He opposes. Can you think of anything in this world scarier than standing opposite of God? Me neither. page 137

What light does Matthew 16:23 shed on Satan's schemes to frustrate our walk with Christ? He is a stumbling block. but we have the authority in Christ to stand against him. get behind me! page 143

To make sure we got a major point from Romans 2:2, what do we know about God's judgement? based on the truth.page 146

Similarities between
Ps 39:4-8

4 “Show me, LORD, my life’s end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting my life is.
5 You have made my days a mere hand breadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Everyone is but a breath,
even those who seem secure.

6 “Surely everyone goes around like a mere phantom;
in vain they rush about, heaping up wealth
without knowing whose it will finally be.

7 “But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.
8 Save me from all my transgressions;
do not make me the scorn of fools.
James 4:13-17

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.  page 151

Join the discussion about this study. Comments always welcome.

The where's and what's about this study. 
Where:  9am Ladies Sunday School class. If you live locally I would
love to see you there. Miracles of Love Community Church Claremore OK 74017.  I will post an update for blog readers and regular attenders that simply want to keep motivated throughout the week during homework.


What: I have been involved with ladies group
study for over ten years. Love the word of God and pray my enthusiasm for the
scriptures will splash into the lives of others. This blog started in 2009 as an attempt to communicate with my 'small group table' throughout the week and has became so much more. So throughout the week I will post at least once about the homework. You are welcome to leave a comment anytime and link up, share thoughts or ask questions.. I'll do my best to answer. Main thing girls is to have a blast in the Word! Let it speak directly to your heart, as it speaks differently to all of us due to our own personal journey.