Week Eight Homework | James Mercy Triumphs



Session Eight


Beth Moore Quotes:
God alone could have such faith in His indwelling Spirit to entrust humanity with the torch of the gospel.

Noone on earth recieved more divine insight that Peter regarding the rebuilding plan of a dwelling place for God's presence, a place where stone would be once again stacked upon stone.
To Christ's great credit, we did not quit!


Reflections:

According to 1 Corinthians 9:20: Paul said, I myself am not under the law - but to win those under the law. Same as I become like a Jew to win the Jews.
You are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. The whole building, being put together by Him, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord. You also are being built together for God's dwelling in the Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22
God watches for someone willing to bring a lost soul back. Dignity, covering them with love.
Right now, in my own personal life. I do have family and friends that are in need of someone to show them how the Lord really wants to interven in their lives. That someone may not be me. Like Beth says, if your help isn't helping, then pray for someone to cross their path that can help them! That statement really spoke to me, making me realize that yet again, I am reminded the battle is not mine! I so need to get better at that.

Nehemiah 9:20-22 msg You gave them your good Spirit
to teach them to live wisely. You never stinted with your manna,
gave them plenty of water to drink. You supported them forty years in that desert;
they had everything they needed; Their clothes didn't wear out
and their feet never blistered. You gave them kingdoms and peoples,
establishing generous boundaries.

I don't know about you, but I am so thankful God is a God that gives generously!

I have to tell about a book I recently read... Boundaries ... looking for a better understanding of boundaries and exactly what it means to live within boundaries.  This is it.  I really enjoyed the authors fresh biblical approach to how and when to say yes and when to say no!

So fellow sojourner, what happens next... with you? I hope to have a heart filled with faith and expectancy when I ask God for wisdom, knowing that He delights to give it. I hope to resist the magnetic pull of this temporal world to shrink my life into a wilting wildflower in a dying meadow. I want to live for what endures. I want to live for Jesus. I want my life to reflect that how I live is what I believe, and what I believe is how I live. Period.


Remember:
1 Peter 2:5 You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house.
Nehemiah 9:20 You gave your good Spirit to instruct them.


Homework:
Read Acts 21:20-25 and watch what happened next in the narrative. In the margin briefly record what James and the elders requested from Paul.   I'm gonna go ahead and post the scriptures being this question was so loaded with numerous answers.....20 When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”  pg 189

Would you look up Acts 7:56 and record what Stephen said? I see the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God! pg 195

What did Jesus specifically prophesy in Luke 19:43-44?  The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”  pg 199

What two-word term did Peter give to believers in Christ in 1 Peter 2:5? You yourselves, as .... living stones, are being built into a spiritual house  pg. 203

Write the scripture reference and the concept that stood out to you most and , as much as space allows, why it resonated. I personally just went by memory here and jotted down the verses that I already new but truly -every time I read them on my tattered notecards they speak truth into my heart -every time! pg 209

James 1 - vs. 3 James 2- vs. 13 James 3- vs. 3 James 4- vs. 7 James 5- vs. 13

James life- I admire his willing to surround himself with other believers, yet stuck firm to his belief system. Non-wavering and truly lived it out!


The where's and what's about this study. 
Where:  9am Ladies Sunday School class. If you live locally I would
love to see you there. Miracles of Love Community Church Claremore OK 74017.  I will post an update for blog readers and regular attenders that simply want to keep motivated throughout the week during homework.



What: I have been involved with ladies group
study for over ten years. Love the word of God and pray my enthusiasm for the
scriptures will splash into the lives of others. This blog started in 2009 as an attempt to communicate with my 'small group table' throughout the week and has became so much more. So throughout the week I will post at least once about the homework. You are welcome to leave a comment anytime and link up, share thoughts or ask questions.. I'll do my best to answer. Main thing girls is to have a blast in the Word! Let it speak directly to your heart, as it speaks differently to all of us due to our own personal journey.