Week One Homework | James Mercy Triumphs




Welcome to James Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore.  For the next several weeks I will be posting tidbits about this study. Every Sunday about each session I will share an outline of my notes... a few quotes by the author... some reflections (whatever speaks to my heart)... as well as my favorite scriptures I choose to remember.  A quick recap about this study....

Bible scholars compare James to the prophet Amos. In other ways James more closely resembles the Book of Proverbs than any New Testament book. Come along with Beth Moore on a journey to get to know both the man and the Book of James. You will never be the same again. Topics in this study include: joy, hardship, faith, reversal of fortunes for rich and poor, wisdom, gifts from above, single-mindedness, the dangers of the tongue, humility, and prayer. lifeway.com

Now let's get to the tidbits in Session One:
Beth Moore Quotes:
"Family does not shrink... Family grows." LOVE IT!

"Be known for who you have been delivered to.. not for what you have been delivered from."

Reflections:
Jesus appeared to those who needed to see him the most. 1 Corinthians 15:5-8 vs. 7 James was one of "those."  The power of the resurrection means that nothing but the tomb is meant to be empty. We are meant to be full of Grace. (see remember below)

Remember:
1 Corinthians 15:10  By the Grace of God, I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect.

Homework:
Keep it up!  Just a little everyday.  Even if you only answer the one highlighted question,  that's great!  When I post an update for homework discussion throughout the week it will more than likely include those questions.  If you're feeling scholarly write the entire book of James.  You'll find all the space to do so in the back of your workbook.  Wasn't that so nice of them to do that. :)  I plan on typing mine out a little over the next 8 weeks,  you'll see the book of James popping up all over the blog, my art journal, project life and even my homeschool updates...... yep when I do a bible study I'm all over the place with it! My husband and kids memorize scriptures without trying mainly because the post its are stuck all over the house and my books are in numerous places that a person may have to move on occasion.
Have fun with it!!

The where's and what's about this study
Where: 9am Ladies Sunday School class. If you live locally I would love to see you there. Miracles of Love Community Church Claremore OK 74017. I will post an update for blog readers and regular attenders that simply want to keep motivated throughout the week during homework.

What: I have been involved with ladies group study for over ten years. Love the word of God and pray my enthusiasm for the scriptures will splash into the lives of others. This blog started in 2009 as an attempt to communicate with my 'small group table' throughout the week and has became so much more. So throughout the week I will post at least once about the homework. You are welcome to leave a comment anytime and link up, share thoughts or ask questions.. I'll do my best to answer. Main thing girls is to have a blast in the Word! Let it speak directly to your heart, as it speaks differently to all of us due to our own personal journey.