A Season to be Thankful | November 7

 

Welcome to our book addiction!  We have discovered that being........ Can Read With My Eyes Shut!  by Dr. Seuss  I can read in red. I can read in blue. I can read in pickle color too. I can read in bed, and in purple. and in brown.  I can read in a circle and upside down!  I can read with my left eye. I can read with my right.  I can read Mississippi with my... eyes shut tight! There are so many things you can learn about. But…you'll miss the best things....If you keep your eyes shut.  The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
 If you read with your eyes shut you're likely to find. That the place where you're going is far, far behind.  SO…that's why I tell you to keep your eyes wide. Keep them wide open…at least on one side.
About the photo:
We have discovered that being 'thrifty' for books are the way to go. (I keep a book list for each kid in my purse notebook) This photo is a typical day 'thrifting" to satisfy our addiction. Here's a few places to look for 'thrifty' deals:
  1. consignment shops (usually more expensive) but worth a go if in need of a hard to find book.
  2. thrift stores (make sure to watch for ripped pages and covers)
  3. goodwill - most stores get overstock books from department stores (brand new) look for the store in your city with the best book selection, that will be the one where the overstock goes.
  4. libraries (most have shelves upon entry full of used books and magazines for sale.... garage sale prices)
  5. Barnes and Noble has clearance items at a reasonable price.  Also they have a great kid program worth looking into.  Check it out.  I love, love my nook color for the read-to-me option.  Most books are only .99!  Can't beat that.
  6. dollar stores- love the dollar tree when it comes to a good kid read and occasionally an adult read.  keep in mind when they sell out they are out.
  7. amazon- nuff said.  they are awesome.
Today and everyday:  I am thankful for books. Follow us on good reads to find out what's on our bookshelf.  What are you thankful for today?