My 2010 Resolutions | Part 2

Just to be certain you know these really truly are my 2010 Resolutions. Really, really.  They were written by my own hand outta my poor little brain the day after Christmas.  I really really really didn't expect to be sharing them let alone turning them into a study.  But the good Lord thought it would be fitting for them to be placed on a blog somewhere out on the word wide web.  Too funny, see what I just typed....that is exactly what the worLd wide web is to me a place to spread the word! :)

Ok, here it goes....Some of you that know me have more than likely been biting at the bit for me to get to this.  We'll start with the featured verse.

Proverbs 3-6 NIV

Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,

and he will make your paths straight!

Now lets hit these passages home with some insight from The Message bible.....

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;

don't try to figure out everything on your own.

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;

he's the one who will keep you on track.  

I love LOVE how Eugene Peterson paraphrases it!

In order for me to keep my head on straight I must first...

-Trust God

-Give my heart completely to Him

-Don't make any decisions without Him

-Pray about everything.

-Don't go anywhere without Him

-In return He will be with me and keep my head pointing the direction it should go!

I don't know about you but I'm excited about that truth!  He doesn't ask much from us at all, just to simply Trust, Love and Pray!  I can do that!  Be ever mindful (renewing my mind) of God and serve Him wth a willing (self-disipline) and faithful (here's the faithfulness and truth word again) heart (love).  He will remove obstacles from your pathway and bring you to your appointed goal!

Serve God with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.  1 Chronicles 28:9 NIV

Now, see how The Message bible puts it...

Serve him with a whole heart and eager mind, for God examines every heart and sees through every motive.

Eager mind I love that.  I would be bold enough to say...imagine if we approach the feet of Jesus in our prayer lives with a humble attitude, being willing and eager for Him to train our minds!

~Training My Thoughts~

whatever is true,

whatever is noble,

whatever is right,

whatever is pure,

whatever is lovely,

whatever is admirable—

if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—

think about such things!

Philippians 4:8 NIV

There ya have it, simple as that. Ever here the saying..."Focus on the Positive, not, the Negative"!

I could list many books I have read on renewing your mind but not one has changed my life more that discovering Philippians 4:8. Thats when God's Word entered my life and starting changing me from the inside out.  He became part of my very being, who I am, what I do, how I walk and talk.  His love and truth keeps me together.  He continues to make my paths staight as long as I keep my head on straight and press foward to the ultimate goal He has placed ahead.  That my friends is Jesus.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 

out of the mud and mire,

he set my feet on a rock and

gave me a firm place to stand.

Psalm 40:2

The KJV says and established my goings!  Guess what 'my goings' is...well it can be my paths!

One more verse for ya and I'm closing....

  Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled! 1 Peter 1:13

So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives!! The Message

Amen. Amen.

I love how the Word of God just comes together!  This is only Part 2, I cannot wait to see how all my 2010 Resolutions tie together!

Ok, Closing up this post with a song that came on the radio and thought it goes perfectly with our discussion.

Of course I don't know the words exactly so I googled them.

-Everything to Me by Avalon-

I grew up in Sunday school, I memorized the Golden Rule

And how Jesus came to set the sinner free

I know the story inside out, and I can tell you all about the path that led Him up to Calvary

But ask me why He loves me, and I don't know what to say

But I'll never be the same because He changed my life when He became everything to me.

We're living in uncertain times

And more and more I find that I'm aware of just how fragile life can be

I wanna tell the world I've found, a love that turned my life around

They need to know that they can taste and see

Now everyday I'm prayin' just to give my heart away

I wanna live for Jesus, so that someone else might see that He is everything to me.

And lookin' back over my life at the end, I'll go to meet You, sayin You've been..

You're everything to me

You're more than a story

More than words on a page of history

You're the air that I breathe, the water I thirst for

And the ground beneath my feet

You're everything

Lord You're everything to me, Jesus

Everything, You're the water I thirst for

The air I breathe, the song I sing, oh

Everything to me, everything to me

You're my life, my love, my everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I better get this laptop put away....my darling husband Jeff is probably thinking I traded him in for blogging!

What a fun time in Gods Word!  He's everything to me, ~Melanie