I got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart!

Joy Unspeakable.
I grew up in a small church in Oklahoma, where there was Sunday School, then after Sunday School there was Children's Church, where we sang songs and listened to our Youth Leaders.

As a young girl,
I remember singing "I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy down in my heart, down in my heart to stay!"
I used to sing that with all my heart to a young boy I grew up with in that church named Joey.
In turn, another song we sang was "In my heart there rings a Melody.
He would sing in my heart there rings a Melanie to replace Melody."
Why I'm telling this story?
To prove that the memory of singing those songs as a child has stuck with me...in turn...that True Joy comes from Jesus... is a Joyous Melody that will stay with us the same as that memory.
We can have Joy Unspeakable- it is Real.
As the song goes...all we have to do is grab ahold of it and hold it down in our heart to stay! I have discovered over the years, I chose to forget many childhood memories, but after remembering this one, I realized the Joy that filled my heart had been there all along ...even when I chose to live life without remembering.
John 16:22 says : "Noone can take away your Joy!"

Joy is a gift!

I was lead to Psalm 4 this morning,
clearly God had another memory that He and I had to work through.
The closer and closer I get to Him, the more and more He reveals Himself to me.
He loves us and wants us to know that He has been in our lives all along.
I found The Message version of Ps 4 was captivating.
Below the Psalm I listed some references to joy that you may wish to jot down as memory verses!

Psalm 4 (The Message)

When I call, give me answers. God, take my side!

Once, in a tight place, you gave me room;

Now I'm in trouble again: grace me! hear me!

You rabble—how long do I put up with your scorn?

How long will you lust after lies? How long will you live crazed by illusion?

Look at this: look.....Who got picked by God! He listens the split second I call to him.

Complain if you must, but don't lash out. Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking.

Build your case before God and wait for his verdict.

Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say. "More, more."

I have God's more-than-enough,

More joy in one ordinary day: Than they get in all their shopping sprees.

At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep, For you, God, have put my life back together.

Ask that your joy may be full! Romans 15:13

Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!

John 16:24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

2 Corinthians 7:4 I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.

Psalm 63:5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. John 16:22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

Luke 1:47 My spirit rejoices in God my Savior!

Zechariah 10:7 Their hearts will be glad as with wine. Their children will see it and be joyful; their hearts will rejoice in the LORD.

Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

Hold that Joy down in your hearts ~Melanie