Week Six Homework | Covenant 6-5 | Kay Arthur


A New Covenant

What an amazing week of homework we have had, I just love how this all falls together as it literally jumps off the page to us ... girls, your hard work that you have given to this study will show in your expression as you fall in love with the Word of God even more. I know this is true for me, remember I am right beside you learning too, discovering God's truth with you, we are in this together.

Let's read what God has to say through the prophet Jeremiah. What covenant was it that Gods people had broken? The laws, they chose idols. Their consequences .. God will bring disaster on all...He told them that the days are coming when ....read Jer 31:27-28. This is the promise of hope and deliverance. In Jer 31:31 God calls this a new covenant, He will establish a new covenant not the one they broke before. And who is making this new covenant? Jesus Christ.

And what will the new covenant do?

It puts the law within us, writes it on our hearts

It makes God our God, and us His people.

We will know the Lord- small or great in the eyes of others- we will know Him!

Our iniquities will be forgiven: our sin remembered no more!

Note Card Verse:
Jeremiah 31:33
I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it: and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Jeremiah 31:34
I will forgive their iniquity and their sin I will remember no more.

Luke 22:19-20
This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.
This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.


2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

What know more about Kay Arthur? Go HERE.