Week Five Homework | Covenant 5-5 | Kay Arthur


A Covenant Meal Between FriendsNow that we have studied the marriage covenant and the oneness it creates. The feast after the ceremony (covenant) tradition is a reception that involves food and the cutting on the cake. Let's look at the word to show some insight on this subject.
In Gen 26:28-30 Issac and Abimelech -Issac made a feast for them after they established a covenant.

In Exodus 24:7-11 Moses and the people -They saw God and ate and drank.
Now let's ponder on Rev 19:7-9 ..Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)
Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God." What a glorious day this will be!

John 15:11-16 The Message
"I've told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature.
This is my command:
Love one another the way I loved you.

This is the very best way to love.
Put your life on the line for your friends.
You are my friends when you do the things I command you.

I'm no longer calling you servants because servants don't understand what their master is thinking and planning.
No, I've named you friends because I've let you in on everything I've heard from the Father.
"You didn't choose me, remember;

I chose you,

and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won't spoil.
As fruit bearers, whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, he gives you.

This was an amazing day of truth as we discover what it means to be in covenant with the Lord, the One and Only, Our Friend!

Here are some verses to jot down and carry with you today, stick on the fridge, bathroom mirror, anywhere else you will see them throughout your day. Right now I them on post its on my computer screen, bathroom mirror and even hanging from my nightstand by my bed. Yes I am serious! :)

Note Card Verses:
John 6:27
"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal."

John 6:35
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.

2 Chronicles 20:6
"O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you.

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

2 Cor 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

What know more about Kay Arthur? Go HERE.