Week Five Homework | Covenant 5-3 and 5-4 | Kay Arthur


The Blessings of Covenant

Joy is complete when you commit completely to the Lord. Let's read more in our homework how so. The best scripture reference to this statement is from 2 Cor.
Jesus didn't need me; everything belongs to him.
But I needed Him and still do, so because of that Jesus made a covenant with me.
And what did I become in addition to becoming a child of God?
The answer is in Romans 8. Jesus tells us in Luke 14 "any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple."
Acts 2 says They heard the message of Peter and they were filled with awe and wonders.
They sold possessions and gave to the ones in need.
Also Acts 4 shows the oneness of the covenant...
All the believers were ONE in heart & mind.
With great power the apostles continued to testify.

O, I do love a fabulous note card day! And this day, this day of homework dear girls is one indeed! Let these verses sink in to the very deepest parts of your heart. ~Melanie

Note Card Verses:
Philippians 4:9
Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice.

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 8:9
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Romans 8:32
He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Jer. 32:17
Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

1 Timothy 6:17&19
Put your hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. This way you will lay up treasure for yourself a firm foundation for the coming age, so that you may take hold of the life that is truly life.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

A New Name
The context today refers to the name changing in Gen 17.
Abram = Abraham
Sarai = Sarah

Let's read the context of Rev 2:12-16

The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this:
I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.
'But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality.
'So you also have some who in the same way hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans.
'Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.
'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

This is an old gospel song I thought of....The church I grew up in had the old hymnals and I remember this song like it was yesterday....The only thing I had no idea what it really meant until many years later.

A New Name in Glory
Music & Lyrics by C. Austin Miles

I was once a sinner, but I came
Pardon to receive from my Lord:
This was freely given, and I found
That He always kept His word.
I was humbly kneeling at the cross,
Fearing naught but God's angry frown;
When the heavens opened and I saw
That my name was written down!
In the Book 'tis written,
"Saved by Grace,"
O the joy that came to my soul!
Now I am forgiven, and I know
By the blood I am made whole!
Chorus:
There's a new name written down in glory,
And it's mine,
O yes, it's mine!
And the white robed angels sing the story,
"A sinner has come home."
For there's a new name written down in glory,
And it's mine,
O yes, it's mine!
With my sins forgiven
I am bound for Heaven,
Never more to roam.

Yes girls we do recieve a new name if we are in covenant with the Lord.
Jump for joy and shout some praise!
~Melanie

Revelation 2:17 proves it. I absolutely love how the amplified bible puts it.
To him who overcomes (conquers), I will give him a white stone with a new name engraved on the stone, which no one knows or understands except he who receives it.

Girls, being a true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, you ARE an overcomer. Walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called.

Below are the note card verses for this section of homework, remember I will sometimes give a couple of versions of scripture that stands out to me, simply choose the one you find easier to memorize.

Note Card Verses:
Isaiah 62:2
You will be called by a new name; Which the mouth of the LORD will designate.
a little more straight to the point in the message bible...
You'll get a brand-new name, straight from the mouth of God.

2 Cor 3:18
We, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Heb. 9:26
Christ has appeared to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

What know more about Kay Arthur? Go HERE.